DUTEC 130 - Small Parts with Vasculature Sonography
Presents the anatomy and pathophysiology of small human body parts. Intraoperative scanning focuses on surgical procedures.
Prerequisite(s): Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
- Define appropriate measures to set up and maintain a sterile field when working in the operating room or in other sterile procedures.
- Articulate and recognize the normal anatomy of the small parts organs and vasculature listed in the course outline.
- Define the pathologic conditions associated with small parts and related vascular sonography.
- Identify necessary exam technique and protocol to evaluate abnormality in small parts sonography.
- Assess their own postural alignment while scanning, and make necessary corrections to obtain ergonomically correct positioning.
- Write an academically appropriate paper on the anatomy, physiology, pathology, and scanning technique of any small parts ultrasound examination covered in the course material.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)