ALDAC 102 - Chemical Dependency Pharm of Alcohol and Drugs
Examines the physiological and psychological effects of alcohol and other psychoactive drugs including various categories of psychoactive substances and their absorption, ingestion, metabolism, acute intoxication, withdrawal symptomatology, and short and long term effects on severity of addiction and process of recovery.
- Recognize the potential for substance use disorders to mimic a variety of medical and psychological disorders and the potential for medical and psychological disorders to co-exist with addiction and substance abuse.
- Recognize the established diagnostic criteria for substance use disorders.
- Describe the physiological affects of alcohol and other drugs on the central nervous system
- Demonstrate understanding of the agonist and antagonist affects of alcohol and other drugs on the central nervous system
- Describe the on set and progression of addiction and substance related disorders
- Demonstrate understanding of the signs and symptoms of the various withdrawal syndromes associated with addiction to alcohol and other drugs
Find out when this course is offered
[Add to Favorites]