ALDAC 206 - Chemical Dependency Group Counseling
Examines psycho-educational dynamics, models, techniques and theories of group counseling with alcoholic and drug addicted individuals. Includes practice and development of group counseling skills.
Prerequisite(s): ALDAC 106 and permission of program director.
- Describe variety of culturally appropriate models and strategies for group counseling clients with substance use disorders
- Demonstrate the ability to form group by determining size type and purpose of group; establishing criteria for entrance into group; establishing group goals and ground rules for behavior; identifying outcomes; and determining criteria and methods for client termination and/or graduation
- Describe and summarize client behavior in group for the purpose of documenting client’s progress
- Demonstrate the ability to shift focus of group when process and content are not consistent with group meeting goals
- Describe variety of dynamic processes group experience as new members join and old members exit group
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites