ALDAC 240 - Chemical Dependency Psychopathology
Examines the interaction of substance abuse and dependence with co-occurring psychological disorders. Explores the biological psychological and social influences on the use and abuse of substances, theories of addiction, and common myths and realities of alcoholism and drug addiction.
- Identify common cultural and societal myths and realities of the psychopathology of substance use, abuse, dependence and co-occurring disorders.
- Identify limitations on CDP scope of practice evaluating and treating co-morbid disorders.
- Make referrals for detailed evaluation and assessment of mood, thought and personality disorders complicating the treatment of chemical dependency.
- Recognize the effects of transient signs and symptomatology of mood, thought and personality disorders in chemical dependency treatment settings and on the recovery process.
- Recognize the value and complications associated with the use of psychotropic medications in chemical dependency treatment.
- Apply theories and models used to treat co-morbidity.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)