BIOL 135 - Introduction to Global Health
Introduction to the principles of global health, health determinants, health care systems, nutrition, and women’s health issues in the world. The course will discuss ways in which to improve global health and connect how global health challenges can affect local health issues.
- Explain, at an introductory level of knowledge, current global health problems, interventions and suggested solutions.
- Describe the key determinants of health. Illustrate social, moral and ethical dilemmas in global health.
- Describe various health systems and importance of culture to health.
- Describe the nutritional challenges relating to women’s health and children’s health in the world.
- Describe the most prevalent communicable and non-communicable diseases in the world.
- Compare and contrast regional global health policies.
- Describe how science and technology have changed global health.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites