BIOL 150 - Marine Biology
Introduction to marine life, marine biological communities, and marine ecology. Course includes lecture, labs, and field trips. Note: Fulfills laboratory science course requirement at BC.
- Describe the components of marine communities, and the physical and biological factors that shape their composition.
- Explain basic ecological principles e.g. energy flow, population dynamics, nutrient cycles.
- List the characteristics of major groups of marine organisms e.g. algae, cyanobacteria, fishes, invertebrates.
- Classify marine life into the appropriate taxonomic groups.
- Explain how humans use biological ocean resources.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites