BIOL 275 - Laboratory Methods in Genomics
Introduces the use of laboratory tools and techniques to sequence DNA. Topics covered include DNA structures and gene expression. Emphasis on experimental methods and design. Students learn to think critically about research methodology and scientific investigation.
Prerequisite(s): BIOL 160 or BIOL 211 or permission of instructor.
- Use molecular biology protocols.
- Troubleshoot molecular biology protocols.
- Use molecular biology techniques associated with DNA sequencing.
- Troubleshoot molecular biology techniques associated with DNA sequencing.
- Document and communicate research.
- Critically analyze original scientific literature.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites