ABE 073 - I-BEST Academic Success
This course is designed to support students enrolled in an approved I-BEST course with program specific contextualized instruction in reading, writing, computation, digital literacy skills, and college and career readiness skills.
Prerequisite(s): Admission into the approved I-BEST Program.
- Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it.
- Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what a text says explicitly or implicitly.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a variety of texts.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners in small and larger groups.
- Determine the main ideas and supporting details of information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites