EXPRL 491 - Internship Experience
Students document and reflect upon their internship experience to connect their learning to a real-world environment. Students will be advised by a faculty member and coached by an internship coordinator. Students must secure an approved internship before registering.
Prerequisite(s): Students admitted to baccalaureate programs and with permission from instructor.
- Evaluate, integrate and apply skills, concepts and knowledge acquired in the previous classes to real workplace situations and problems.
- Meaningfully synthesize connections between their internship work and their classroom studies in order to deepen their understanding of their program of study
- Demonstrate technical competence to industry professionals by completing projects and deliverables assigned by their worksite supervisor.
- Identify and analyze strengths, new skills and knowledge acquired from the internship experience, interactions with colleagues and supervisors, and lessons learned in a reflective journal.
- Document internship accomplishments and activities and articulate the value of those activities and accomplishments.
- Create a strengths-based LinkedIn profile and resume in preparation for full time employment after graduation.
- Select a career goal and articulate how their BC education has prepared them for that goal and how they plan to continue their learning after graduation.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)