ART 151* - Basic Photo II
Teaches advanced techniques in black-and white photography. Students practice creative seeing, problem solving, and using the zone system. Requires four hours lecture, two hours lab per week.
Prerequisite(s): ART 150 .
- Operate a manual exposure camera and select settings which produce specific results for a given situation.
- Print on both RC and fiber based paper
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the zone system approach in exposure determination.
- Identify faults in negative film processing.
- Use medium format cameras and film
- Employ a variety of photo printing techniques such as contrast control and split filter printing
- Identify and incorporate advanced picture composition.
- Identify major photographic approaches and styles.
- Articulate their motivations, conceptual intent, and feelings about the work they present in critique.
- Offer constructive criticism to their classmate about the work they present in critique.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)