BIOL 275 - Laboratory Methods in Genomics
Introduces the use of laboratory tools and techniques to sequence DNA. Topics covered include DNA structures and gene expression. Emphasis on experimental methods and design. Students learn to think critically about research methodology and scientific investigation.
Prerequisite(s): BIOL&160 or BIOL&211 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
- Use molecular biology protocols.
- Troubleshoot molecular biology protocols.
- Use molecular biology techniques associated with DNA sequencing.
- Troubleshoot molecular biology techniques associated with DNA sequencing.
- Document and communicate research.
- Critically analyze original scientific literature.
GenEd Outcomes: Creative and Critical Thinking
- Scientific Inquiry (Nature of Science)
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)