DANCE 131* - Jazz Technique II
Continues DANCE 130 , with students performing at a more advanced level. Students learn nuances of style, rhythm, and dynamics. May be repeated for a maximum of ~ 6 credits.
Prerequisite(s): DANCE 130 or equivalent or permission of instructor.
- Continue to develop Dance 130 skills.
- Use the characteristic elements of exercise for a Jazz Dance Class.
- Perform progressive exercises to stretch, strengthen, align and condition the dancer’s body.
- Show how specific jazz movements in warm-up will later be incorporated into a dance combination.
- Use appropriate alignment and placement to turn, jump and move fluidly through space.
GenEd Outcomes: Creative and Critical Thinking
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)