Jun 03, 2023
ENGL 271 - Expository Writing I
Builds on the writing skills learned in ENGL 101 (prev ENGL 101 ) or ENGL 201 . Students work on personal essays, information and opinion papers, reviews, profiles, articles based upon interviews, or other projects. Note: Fulfills a written communication course requirement at BC.
Prerequisite(s): ENGL 101 or equivalent course from another college with a C- or better.
- Identify implicitly and/or explicitly one’s intentions as a writer.
- Define implicitly and/or explicitly the audience for a particular piece of writing.
- Apply appropriate style, tone and format to the writer’s purpose and audience.
- Use rhetorical formats conventional to expository writing.
- Demonstrate objectivity toward one’s own writing.
- Demonstrate practical uses/applications for expository writing beyond the college classroom.
GenEd Outcomes: Creative and Critical Thinking
GenEd Outcomes: Communication
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)