Feb 27, 2024
EXPRL 191 - Academic Internship Experience
Provides a framework to integrate practical work experience with academic goals. Participants develop solid learning objectives to guide their experience, document the experience for later use, and reflect upon what they have learned in order to connect their practical and academic work. Course is graded pass/fail.
Prerequisite(s): Students must have an approved internship before registering. Permission of instructor is required.
- Define learning objectives, at least two internship activities for each learning objective, and the methods the intern will use to assess whether they have met the learning objectives;
- Identify and present challenges and supportive factors in the accomplishment of their objectives in a final report and/or presentation;
- Identify the strengths that they built or applied, new skills and knowledge acquired from the internship experience, and lessons learned in a reflective journal and/or presentation;
- Reflect upon how the internship experience reinforced or changed their academic plans in a final written report and/or presentation;
- Create a strengths-based social media profile and resume in preparation for employment.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)