MUSC 130* - Group Piano Instruction I
Provides basic keyboard experience for nonmajors and prepares the beginning music major for the piano-competency requirement. Studio instruction includes basic music reading, keyboard technique, interpretation, and simple chording.
- Identify piano keys by name and find their representation on the music staff.
- Identify key signatures and play their Major scale patterns on the keyboard.
- Identify note values and play melodies with rhythmic accuracy, both in class and through practice assignments.
- Interpret the nuances of music trerminology at the piano keyboard.
- Play both one- and two-hand pieces reading from manuscript both at sight and through outside practice demonstrating proper posture, hand position, and reading technique.
- Play from memory a piece learned in class.
GenEd Outcomes: Creative and Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)