MUSC 132* - Group Piano Instruction III
Continues MUSC 131 with intermediate level piano keyboard repertory.
Recommended: Completion of MUSC 131 .
- Play at sight intermediate pieces utilizing independent left- and right-hand parts.
- Play all major and minor scales and modes utilizing proper fingering patterns, posture and hand position.
- Play finger and hand strengthening exercises as assigned by instructor.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of intermediate chord theory and structure by playing written parts and deciphering chord symbols.
- Interpret dynamic, tempo, and expression markings to add sensitivity into their performance at the keyboard.
- Prepare for final performance a medium-level “sonatina” or equivalent to be performed at quarter’s end with assigned sight-reading and scales.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)