MUSC 212 - Second-Year Theory III
Last in a six-quarter sequence in Music Theory. Topics include 20th-century techniques, analysis, composition, sight singing, and ear training.
Prerequisite(s): MUSC 211 or permission of instructor.
- The student will be able to transcribe all 4-measure rhythmic patterns by ear
- The student will be able to hear and accurately transcribe all intervals
- The student will be able to recognize Major, minor, augmented and diminished chords extending to the 13th by ear
- The student will be able to transcribe 4-measure chordlines and analyze them completely
- The student will complete Level 30 of Advanced Rhythmaticity software
- The student will complete Level 20 of Music Lab – Melody software
- The student will complete level 20 of Music Lab – Harmony software
- The student will be able to analyze any score of 20th Century music noting usage of both melodic and harmonic idioms
GenEd Outcomes: Creative and Critical Thinking
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)