NDT 120 - Intermediate EEG Skills
Previously ENDT 120.
Continuing study of the field of EEG and its use in medicine and surgery. Emphasizes: patient hook-up, history taking, and handling of patients. Technical principles in actual operation of a laboratory are introduced in the classroom and applied in the clinical area of EEG. Either ENDT 120 or NDT 120 may be taken for credit, but not both.
Prerequisite(s): NDT 119 .
- Compile patient history to help enhance the quality of performing an EEG.
- Establish rapport with patient and patient’s family.
- Perform technical criteria for recording an EEG.
- Document all pertinent information on EEG recording.
- Perform standard activation procedures according to ACNS guidelines.
- Remove electrodes and clean patient’s head and set-up room for next patient.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)