Aug 18, 2022
DANCE 171 - Tap Technique II
Same as PE 171.
Continues Tap Technique I with more challenging techniques and principles of Tap Dance. Students gain flexibility and strength together with movement vocabulary. May be repeated for a total of 6 credits. Either DANCE 171 or PE 171 may be taken for credit, not both.
Prerequisite(s): DANCE 170 or PE 170 .
- Perform a series of exercises to improve posture, balance, and alignment, while working toward correct body placement and muscle reconditioning.
- Outline practical guidelines needed to improve personal dance skills.
- Display elements of physical fitness, a range of motion, coordination, and flexibility.
- Exhibit techniques that incorporate timing, phrasing, and dynamics in dance movement.
- Improve stamina and balance.
- Perform Tap choreography at regular tempo using correct counts.
- Perform Tap Dance sequences by being secure enough in the basic movement, technique, and rhythm.
- Identify Tap Dance as an integral part of American Culture and History in dance and theater
GenEd Outcomes: Creative and Critical Thinking
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)