The Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Accounting provides graduates with the skills and knowledge needed for employment in the field of accounting. This degree completion program is designed for individuals who wish to compete for jobs that require a more in depth knowledge of accounting, and supervisory or management skills. The BAS in Applied Accounting brings together tools and techniques from business, communication, information technology, management, sustainability and project based skills.
This degree completion program is designed for individuals with two-year degrees in accounting related fields. The first 90 credits of the degree are fulfilled by entrance prerequisites.
Degree recipients should be able to:
- Apply a broad understanding of accounting systems and technology, creative problem-solving techniques in the context of complex projects and teams, and in the midst of changing and conflicting demands.
- Collaborate effectively in multi-disciplinary work teams in support of organizational goals
- Integrate efficiently and effectively sound project management techniques and professional communication skills
- Analyze and apply best practices and standards, conform to legal and regulatory standards, and apply appropriate ethical considerations including respect for privacy and fiduciary responsibility.
- Engage in continuing professional development through lifelong learning
- Interpret and apply accounting standards to a broad range of business environments to include public, private, non-profit and government
- Demonstrate the breadth and depth of the educational preparation through the completion of a capstone project
Individuals must have:
- An associate degree in accounting or 90 equivalent credits that represent the combination of program admission required courses and other transferable college-level credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses AND a GPA of 2.5 in each individual course: ACCT 101 , ACCT 102 , ACCT 234 , ACCT 250 and ACCT 285 . It is necessary that students have taken all prerequisite Accounting courses within two years
- At least 25 credits of general education requirements must have been completed as part of the associate’s degree (see prerequisites)
Completion of all required courses as shown in the worksheet for each corresponding concentration.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Complete 90 quarter credits in the general program and concentration requirements, with a grade of “C” or better
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges.
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division.
- Courses may be subject to minimum grade requirements and prerequisites. Check online at www.bellevuecollege.edu/classes/all.
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Accounting prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed general Bellevue College admission form
- Nonrefundable general admission fee of $34
- Completed Bachelor of Applied Science application form
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75
- Official transcripts from regionally accredited college(s), demonstrating completion of an appropriate associates degree or equivalent credits, and the prerequisite courses, with the required program GPA, see Entry Requirements above