Feb 24, 2024
The Medical Assistant program prepares students to fulfill the growing need for medical professionals following the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Our comprehensive program meets requirements of Washington State Medical Assisting law and prepares the students for the State Certification exam. No prior knowledge of medical assisting is required to enter the program.
Certificate recipients should possess the following skills & abilities:
- Be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in their field
- Be prepared to work in ambulatory settings performing administrative and clinical duties
- Meet CAAHEP Standards in the areas of cognitive and psychomotor skills (these standards are required by WA State as of July 2013)
- Be prepared to pass credentialing and State exams and/or requirements
- Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and technical and information literacy skills
- Meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
- Students are required to demonstrate competencies in a wide variety of skills (over 100 skills)
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For details about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit www.bellevuecollege.edu/legal/gedisclosure/medical-assistant/
Choose One Option From the Following Anatomy and Physiology Courses: 5-12 CR
Choose From the Following Diversity and Communication Courses: 5 CR
Choose at Least 3 Credits From the Following Wellness Courses:
Choose 5 Credits From the Following Information Technology Courses:
*Standard department recommendation. Alternative choices are accepted, to support students’ educational and professional goals.
**See Catalog for defined prerequisite or placement standards.