Feb 21, 2024
The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Digital Marketing degree provides students with current digital skills that are most requested by local employers: mobile marketing and advertising, online video content creation, social media marketing, search engine optimization, paid search, display advertising, customer relationship marketing (CRM), marketing analytics, and website design. This hands-on skill development complements a critical thinking framework built around marketing strategy. Such training will position graduates to tackle roles in the creation and use of digital marketing across multiple media platforms.
The first 90 credits of the degree are fulfilled by entrance prerequisites. The second half of the degree program offers a professionally relevant curriculum that helps students achieve their goal.
Degree recipients should possess the skills & abilities described below:
- Establish business and marketing objectives
- Translate objectives into integrated marketing strategies that lean heavily on digital platforms
- Create and re-purpose content for the digital environment
- Optimize marketing campaigns based on campaign results
- Utilize marketing efforts to establish future product innovation and extensions
Individuals must have:
- Associate degree in business or marketing or 90 equivalent credits that represent the combination of program admission required courses and other transferable college-level credits
- Demonstrated completion from a regionally accredited college of the following courses, or their equivalent, with a grade point average of 2.0 or better:
A complete description of the required curriculum is shown in the worksheet.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must achieve the following:
- Completion of 90 quarter credits in the general program requirements, with a grade of “C”, or better
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Marketing program, prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed general Bellevue College admission form
- Nonrefundable admissions and placement fee of $55
- Completed Bachelor of Applied Science application form
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college
- Personal statement of no more than 500 words discussing your understanding of the role in your chosen field and how that fits in with your personal or professional goals. You may also discuss your work experience; your advanced certifications; specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or other special considerations that would make you a good candidate for the program.
- Associate degree in business or marketing, or equivalent credits 34-35 CR
- Any lab-based Natural Science course 5-6 CR
Total Prerequisite Requirements: 90
Electives: 5 CR
Any 200-level Marketing course
Total BAS Coursework: 90-91