The Business Technology associate degree prepares students for a variety of technology positions in today’s digitally focused administrative and professional fields. After successful completion, students will be qualified for positions such as administrative assistant, web content manager, project coordinator, business office manager, office administrator, data entry specialist, account assistant, executive office assistant. The curriculum includes introductory through advanced office software courses including spreadsheets and database reporting, business communication skills, digital literacy, business math, project management, digital marketing, creation of digital content, and proficiency in web development tools.
Degree recipients should possess the skills & abilities described below:
- Apply business administration skills such as information processing, critical thinking, leadership and ethical decision making in the workplace
- Critically apply software skills to solve business problems in a variety of situations
- Work at the expert level with word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Create, organize, and publish digital content on the web
- Implement project management processes and have proficiency with project management tools