The Bachelor of Applied Science in Data Analytics provides graduates with the skills and knowledge needed for employment in the rapidly emerging field of data analytics, which comprises analyzing and interpreting the large datasets now available in a wide range of organizations and industries. Modern data analytics brings together tools and techniques from business, communication, graphic arts, information technology and statistics to collect, mine, interpret and represent large datasets to illustrate concepts and inform decisions.
Degree recipients should be able to:
- Use technical tools and statistical knowledge to answer questions using data
- Plan and organize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Apply data analytics within business contexts, in accordance with best practices, laws and regulations, and ethics
- Communicate effectively in multiple contexts and a variety of formats
Individuals must have:
- Completion of the 35-41 credits of the program prerequisites or equivalent credits that represent the combination of program admission required courses and other transferable college-level credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses
- Level one Excel proficiency
Completion of all required courses as shown on the worksheet for each corresponding concentration.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Complete general education requirements, elective credits, and BAS Degree Requirements with a grade of C or better.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division
- Courses may be subject to minimum grade requirements and prerequisites. Check online at www.bellevuecollege.edu/classes/all.
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Data Analytics, prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed general Bellevue College admission form
- Nonrefundable admissions and placement fee of $55
- Completed Bachelor of Applied Science application form.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75
- Official transcripts from regionally accredited college(s), demonstrating completion of an appropriate associates degree or equivalent credits, and the prerequisite courses, with a GPA of 2.0 or higher