Graduates with a two-year molecular sciences technician degree should be prepared to work as laboratory technicians in a variety of environments, including bioscience research labs, chemical research labs, and environmental science labs. Typical job titles include biological technician, chemical technician, and laboratory technician. Individuals wishing to continue their education to the baccalaureate degree should be well prepared for the BAS in Molecular Biosciences at Bellevue College.
Degree recipients should possess the following skills and abilities:
- Read, understand, carry out protocols and use appropriate laboratory equipment with minimal supervision
- Apply the scientific method and good experimental design in the workplace
- Integrate laboratory skills and theory into job-related tasks
- Analyze and summarize scientific data using analytical and computational tools
- Communicate scientific ideas in either written or oral formats in a manner that is appropriate for either a technical or non-technical audience