The Associate in Arts in General Studies is a degree that grants academic recognition for the completion of 90 applicable college level credits. It is not for students intending to transfer to a university/college in pursuit of a baccalaureate degree and does not fulfill the first two years of general education requirements for a bachelor’s degree. See Associate in Arts and Sciences, AAS-DTA for transfer purposes.
Important Notes and Conditions
- 90 Applicable College Level Quarter Credits
- Minimum Cumulative GPA 2.0 Required
- A course cannot be credited toward more than one distribution or skill area.
- The Ɨ numbers below are shared (cross listed) courses with other departments. These courses can count only once for credit [Example: PHIL 201 is same as POLS 201 and may only count as PHIL or POLS] Consult course description in the college catalog or speak with an advisor.
- “P” grade not allowed in Communication Skills, Quantitative, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences.