Feb 24, 2024
The certificate in Healthcare Informatics prepares students who already have significant experience in either an IT-related field, or a health profession, to transition into the Healthcare Informatics workforce as effective members of teams that manage and perform the customization, implementation, integration and maintenance of healthcare information systems, data and components. It provides the same technical preparation as the Healthcare Informatics BAS degree concentration but does not require the same general education courses required for the degree.
Certificate recipients should possess the following skills & abilities:
- Apply knowledge of current and emerging data standards and principles of interoperability
- Comply with all healthcare laws and regulations relation to information security, privacy and protected health information, and meet institutional accreditation and certification requirements.
- Contribute to systems integration and perform information technology systems customization to meet the needs of the healthcare organization.
- Contribute to process improvement through the redesign of healthcare workflow and information management practices to better leverage the capabilities of new information technology systems.
- Gather, identify and document requirements for technology solutions, working closely with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between technical and clinical functions to support users, including training and documenting the use of new technologies.
A complete description of the required curriculum is shown in the worksheet.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Completion of 49 quarter credits in the general program requirements, with a grade of “C”, or better.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and applied to the certificate, including credits transferred from other colleges
- Courses may be subject to minimum grade requirements and prerequisites. Check online at www.bellevuecollege.edu/classes/all
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For details about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit https://www2.bellevuecollege.edu/legal/gedisclosure/healthcare-informatics.pdf