The Healthcare Informatics certificate is a post-secondary non-degree award designed to build skills in the rapidly emerging field of healthcare informatics.
This program focuses on understanding healthcare data systems with an emphasis on process and data, user-center design thinking and statistics, and predictive analytics. The topics include understanding healthcare data, workflow quality, change management, system operations, and user-centered design principles. This program also covers project management, process improvement, and healthcare training approaches.
This program emphasizes current healthcare business norms and trends. The content focuses on building skills that are used by informaticists working for healthcare organizations. The focus of writing for the assignments are based on technical and business writing. Students will develop the skills to be effective in healthcare organizations.
This one-year program is for students that already have a Bachelor’s degree. This is for current professionals that want to transition to the field of informatics.
Certificate recipients should possess the following skills & abilities:
- Serve as liaison between technical, clinical, and operational functions to support systems analysis, data analytics, training, and documenting the use of technology in healthcare settings
- Gather, identify and document requirements for healthcare informatics solutions while working closely with patients, consumers, clinicians, and administrators
- Manage, analyze and present healthcare data for effective decision-making in support of a wide array of healthcare practices
- Identify and apply appropriate tools and techniques to analyze a given data set
- Develop metrics and processes to obtain data supporting key healthcare decisions
- Apply knowledge of current and emerging data standards and principles of interoperability.
- Contribute to process improvement through the redesign of healthcare workflow and information management practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership, ethical and economic issues as they pertain to healthcare informatics
A complete description of the required curriculum is shown in the worksheet.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Completion of 49 quarter credits in the general program requirements, with a grade of “C”, or better.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and applied to the certificate, including credits transferred from other colleges
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For details about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit https://www2.bellevuecollege.edu/legal/gedisclosure/healthcare-informatics.pdf