ALDAC 204 - Chem Dep Adolescent Assessment and Treatment
Examines the similarities and differences between adolescent and adult onset of addiction, various treatment models and developmental delay. Includes practice with adolescent specific diagnostic and patient placement criteria.
Prerequisite(s): ALDAC 102 and HSSA 101 and permission of program chair.
- Demonstrate use of established diagnostic criteria for substance abuse related disorders and patient placement criteria for adolescents and how they differ from those applied to adults
- Describe variety of accepted counseling theories and strategies used in different treatment modalities with adolescents
- Demonstrate ability to self assess potential personal limitations associated with delivering clinical services to adolescents
- Describe patterns of substance use behaviors in adolescents and how they differ from adult substance users
- Demonstrate ability to teach adolescents accepted and effective relapse prevention strategies designed for youth
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)