CMST 202 - Survey of Speech Communication
Same as SPCH 102 and SPCH 202.
Introduces a variety of communication processes to give a basic understanding of speech communication. Students explore interpersonal, small group, and intercultural communication.
- Define the process of communication from multiple discipline perspectives.
- Explain the influence of ancient Greek and Roman philosophers on current rhetorical and communication theory.
- Describe the symbolic nature of verbal and nonverbal communication and the role of communication theory in improving message clarity and relational satisfaction.
- Describe the unique qualities found in group interaction and organizational communication and the methods of effective teambuilding and decision-making.
- Analyze a public speech and demonstrated an understanding of effective organization, argument construction, and guidelines for speech delivery.
- Identify the barriers to effective intercultural communication and describe the methods of adapting to new cultures.
- Apply contemporary communication research methods to human discourse and behavior.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)