DUTEC 105 - Pathophysiology I
Introduces pathogenesis: the sequence of events in the development of a disease. Students focus on pathological conditions affecting the abdomen and identifiable with diagnostic imaging techniques. An extensive review of normal physiology is also presented.
Prerequisite(s): BIOL 241 (prev BIOL 260 ) and BIOL 242 and acceptance into the program or permission of program chair.
- Define terms used to describe pathologic states of the abdomen.
- Identify various pathologic conditions and lesions of the abdomen.
- Correlate the physiologic changes associated with various pathologic conditions of the abdomen.
- Obtain a thorough clinical history from a patient or referring physician.
- Identify other testing procedures used for the diagnosis of disease.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)