DUTEC 155 - Echocardiography
Continues basic echocardiography. Students concentrate on Doppler echocardiographic techniques and congenital heart disease as relating to the practice of adult echocardiography.
Prerequisite(s): Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
- Understand pathophysiology and echo findings for primary valvular disease.
- Understand basic quantitative methods to evaluate valvular severity.
- Understand echo findings for myocardial infarctions with complications.
- Understand pathophysiology and echo findings for primary cardiomyopathies.
- Understand pathophysiology and echo findings for pericardial disease (effusion, tamponade, and constriction).
- Understand the role and fundamentals of transesophageal and stress echo.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)