BUS 223 - Applied Principles of Management
This course examines foundational concepts of management theory and practices and how to manage people and activities to achieve organizational and ethical goals in an ever-changing diverse environment. Students will explore various aspects of planning, organizing, controlling and leading in the workplace. Current organizational issues and trends will be integrated into the course.
- Explain the role of the manager in today’s rapidly changing economic, technological, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Apply management principles to management practices.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to lead and/or participate in a workgroup.
- Demonstrate the ability to value diversity in the workplace and the contributions of a diverse group of individuals to the success of an organization.
- Conduct research and analysis on contemporary topics in management.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)