ACCT 470 - Advanced Accounting
Accounting theory which covers business combinations, consolidated financial statements, and international transactions and investments. Emphasis is given on mergers and acquisitions, subsidiary investments and transactions, international accounting issues and foreign currency transactions, derivatives and hedging activities.
Prerequisite(s): ACCT 351 and ACCT 360 .
- Compare various business combinations.
- Implement and assess the accounting for consolidated statements (acquisition date and post-acquisition date).
- Conduct a mathematical analysis of derivative types and hedging activities
- Examine inter-company transactions.
- Analyze investments in subsidiaries and subsidiary equity transactions.
- Identify and address international accounting issues.
- Investigate foreign currency transactions.
- Translate foreign financial statements.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)