AHEL 128 - Clinical Laboratory Practicum
Final course in a series designed to prepare students to work in a clinical laboratory setting. Provides experiential application of knowledge and skills gained through prior course work in a professional practicum. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of all CLA certificate program courses AND externship requirements. Grade for each program course is a C (2.0) or better. Permission of Program Chair. No more than 1 quarter between completion of AHEL 122 and enrollment in this course. Entry code required. See bellevuecollege.edu/ahe
- Demonstrate the knowledge of a clinical laboratory in a professional setting.
- Apply the knowledge and skills for proper sample collection techniques.
- Apply the knowledge and skills for proper sample testing techniques.
- Apply the knowledge and skills for proper sample processing techniques.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills for safety, regulatory compliance, and quality assurance techniques.
- Communicate regularly with practicum coordinator/instructor.
- Demonstrate professionalism as defined by the coordinator/instructor.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)