BUSIT 105 - Introduction to Business Intelligence
Provides an introduction to Business Intelligence solutions. Introduces the concepts and current methodologies for creating multidimensional databases. Students work with current server tools to create and browse multidimensional databases of various designs. Students learn to use reporting software and analytical software tools to analyze data and present findings.
Prerequisite(s): BUSIT 103 with a C or better and completion of ENGL 101 with a C or better.
- Describe the role of Business Intelligence in organizations.
- Describe the components of a Business Intelligence solution.
- Describe the role of a data warehouse.
- Create a multi-dimensional database.
- Create reports from data in a data warehouse and data in a multi-dimensional database using current reporting software tools.
- Describe the capabilities of Analytic Software tools and use those tools to create interactive displays and analyze data from multi-dimensional databases.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for an organization.
- Use advanced analytic tools including decomposition charts, performance maps and perspective views.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)