PE 170 - Tap Technique I
Same as DANCE 170
Introduces the basic technique and principles of Tap Dance. Students gain flexibility and strength together with movement vocabulary. May be repeated for a total of 6 credits. Either DANCE 170 or PE 170 may be taken for credit, not both. Note: Students will be required to buy their own tap shoes.
- Perform a series of exercises to improve posture, balance and alignment, while working toward correct body placement and muscle reconditioning.
- Outline practical guidelines needed to improve personal dance skills.
- Display elements of physical fitness, range of motion, coordination and flexibility.
- Exhibit techniques that incorporate timing, phrasing and dynamics in dance movement.
- Improve stamina and balance.
- Perform Tap choreography at regular tempo using correct counts.
- Perform Tap Dance sequences by being secure enough in the basic movement, technique and rhythm.
- Identify Tap Dance as an integral part of American Culture and History in dance and theater
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)