2018-19 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Healthcare Management and Leadership, Radiation and Imaging Management Concentration, BAS
The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Healthcare Management and Leadership, concentration in Radiation and Imaging Management, is a career-oriented degree program developed specifically to meet the career advancement needs of radiation and imaging professionals to successfully compete for jobs that require knowledge of the healthcare system and supervisory or management skills.
The first 90 credits of the degree are fulfilled by entrance prerequisites. The second half of the degree program offers a professionally relevant curriculum that helps students schieve their goal.
Degree recipients should possess the following skills and abilities:
- Apply core competencies learned to function as a successful professional in the field of radiation and imaging sciences
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership, ethical and economic issues as they pertain to the radiation and imaging sciences
- Complete a capstone project the demonstrates the breadth and depth of the educational preparation
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued competency through life- long learning
Individuals must have:
- National certification in radiologic technology, diagnostic ultrasound, radiation therapy or nuclear medicine technology, to be eligible for the BAS degree
- Demonstrated completion from a regionally accredited college of the following courses, or their equivalent, with a grade point average of 2.0 or better:
- Co-requisite requirement: must be completed no later than the first two quarters of acceptance
- Introduction to Business course
- Humanities course from AAS-DTA transfer list
- Social sciences course from AAS-DTA transfer list
- Either Humanities or Social Science must be a communication course
A complete description of the required curriculum is shown in the worksheet.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must achieve the following:
- Completion of 90 quarter credits in the general program and concentration requirements, with a grade of “C”, or better
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Management and Leadership program, with a concentration in Radiation and Imaging Sciences, prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed general Bellevue College admission form
- Nonrefundable general admission fee of $34
- Completed Bachelor of Applied Science application form
- Nonrefundable application fee of $90
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college
- Two letters of recommendation from someone who personally knows your work, such as your current or past manager, discussing your contributions to your work place and how he or she believes you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors.
- Personal statement of no more than 500 words discussing your understanding of the role in your chosen field and how that fits in with your personal or professional goals. You may also discuss your work experience; your advanced certifications; specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or other special considerations that would make you a good candidate for the program.
- A diversity statement that addresses the following prompt: Provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to the community, the healthcare industry, and to Bellevue College (max 1 page)