Feb 21, 2024
Medical Billing and Coding program will serve the growing need for medical coders and billers as we experience the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, the transition to ICD-10 and electronic coding systems, the legal requirement for increased medical documentation, and the increasing age and retirement rate of the coding workforce. This program utilizes the core health professions courses we already have in place, with the addition of supplemental specialty skill courses. No previous medical office experience is required to enter the program.
Certificate recipients should possess the following skills & abilities:
- Be prepared to obtain an entry-level position in their field
- Be prepared to work in ambulatory settings performing administrative and clinical duties
- Meet CAAHEP Standards in the areas of cognitive and psychomotor skills
- Be prepared to pass credentialing and state exams and/or requirements
- Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation , and technical and information literacy skills
- Meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes
- Students are required to demonstrate competencies in a wide variety of skills
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For details about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit www.bellevuecollege.edu/legal/gedisclosure/medical-billing-and-coding/
Choose One Option From the Following Anatomy and Physiology Courses:
Choose 5 Credits From the Following Diversity and Communication Courses:
Choose at Least 3 credits From the Following Wellness Courses:
Choose 5 Credits From the Following Information Technology Courses:
* Standard department recommendation. Alternative choices are accepted, to support students’ educational and professional goals.
**See Catalog for defined prerequisite or placement standards.