Dec 02, 2021
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Data Management and Analysis, Business Intelligence Concentration provides graduates with the skills and knowledge needed for employment in the rapidly emerging field of data analytics, which comprises analyzing and interpreting the large datasets now available in a wide range of organizations and industries. Modern data analytics brings together tools and techniques from business, communication, graphic arts, information technology and statistics to collect, mine, interpret and represent large datasets to illustrate concepts and inform decisions.
Degree recipients should be able to:
- Use technical tools and statistical knowledge to answer questions using data
- Plan and organize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Apply data analytics within business contexts, in accordance with best practices, laws and regulations, and ethics
- Communicate effectively in multiple contexts and a variety of formats
Individuals must have:
- Completion of the 60-66 credits of the program prerequisites or equivalent credits that represent the combination of program admission required courses and other college-level credits
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0 GPA) is required for all Math and English prerequisite courses
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses
- Level one Excel proficiency
Completion of all required courses as shown on the worksheet for each corresponding concentration.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Complete Major Core, Electives and Concentration with a grade of C (2.0) or better.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper-division
- Technical and math credits must not be more than 5 years old.
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Data Management and Analysis- Business Intelligence, prospective students must submit the following:
PROGRAM PREREQUISITES (60-66 CR)
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Information Systems, related field or an equivalent associate’s degree
- ENGL 101 with a C or better 5 CR
- ENGL 201 or ENGL 235 or ENGL 271 with a C or better 5 CR
- MATH 138 or MATH 141 or MATH 151 or higher with a C or better 5 CR
- BTS 165 or CS 250 or Challenge test for Excel proficiency (see program advisor) 5 CR
- Humanities from AAS-DTA transfer list 5 CR
- Social Science from AAS-DTA transfer list 5 CR
- Science course in physical, biological, and/or Earth sciences or math from AAS-DTA list 5 CR
- Natural Science Lab-based course from AAS-DTA transfer list 5-6 CR
- Any college-level credits not used for general education prerequisites (commonly fulfilled from courses in associate degree) 20-25 CR
Students, who don’t have an associate degree in the field listed above, should contact the program manager for more information. Students may be admitted with 65 credits that represent the combinations of program prerequisites and other college-level credits.
Technology or math credits must not be more than 5 years old. Math classes more than 5 years old may be accepted based on Math placement test results (see program advisor).
BAS DEGREE CORE (45 CR)
ELECTIVES (25 CR)
- Any college-level courses not used in general education prerequisites (commonly fulfilled in associate degree) 25 CR
CONCENTRATION REQUIREMENTS - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (45 CREDITS)