DMA 152 - Audio & Recording for Digital Media
Introduces basic audio for use in video and interactive media applications. Topics include basic sound characteristics, microphones, single and multi-track recording techniques, and sound reinforcement and enhancement. Students work on a production team to complete audio productions.
Recommended: Recommended prerequisite or concurrent enrollment: DMA 100 .
- Use proper microphone techniques and recording devices to acquire audio for interviews or other purposes.
- Identify the basic types of microphones and their pickup patterns.
- Use audio editing tools efficiently to remove background noise and other interference in an audio recording.
- Edit audio to tell a short story using non-verbal audio sources.
- Describe the steps for designing audio for digital media.
- Plan, create and edit sound design for a movie.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)