Feb 24, 2024
HSSA& 101 - Introduction to Addictive Drugs
Surveys drinking and drug use, alcoholism, and drug addiction. Students discuss relevant theories and research, treatment rationale and modalities, and the social, psychological, physical, and legal aspects of chemical dependency.
- Describe a variety of models and theories of addiction and other problems related to substance use
- Describe the philosophies, practices, policies, and outcomes of tne most generally accepted and scientifically supported models of treatment and recovery for addiction and other substance-related problems
- Demonstrate the importance of research and outcome data in the field of chemical dependency counseling.
- Recognize the importance of facilitating the client’s utilization of available support systems and community resources that promote the recovery process
- Recognize the value of an interdisciplinary approach to addiction treatment
- Describe the warning signs, symptoms and the progression of substance use disorders
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)