AHEA 112 - Health Unit Coordinator II
The second in a series of courses focusing on skills needed to become a Health Unit Coordinator. Students learn the procedures and skills required for this position in a simulated healthcare environment.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of AHEA 110 with a C or better or permission of Program Chair.
- Prepare and maintain patients’ charts
- Analyze and use the steps for the transcription of doctors’ orders
- Distinguish between doctors’ orders for tests, therapies/services, medication, and nursing orders
- Admit, discharge, and transfer patients
- Demonstrate the health unit coordinator’s patient-centered activities, including the steps for completing admission, discharge, transfer, and surgical-related forms
- Use practice software to retrieve diagnostic test results
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)