ART 121* - Drawing II
Continues ART 120 . Includes drawing the human figure from live models. Students gain skill in expressive drawing using various media. Includes lecture and lab. Requires additional time outside class.
Prerequisite(s): ART 120 .
- Understand and demonstrate an advanced (secondary) level of ability to use formal aspects of drawing; line quality, composition, value, spatial illusion, accurate scale/proportion in drawing from direct observation of subject matter
- Identify the basic proportions of the human figure
- Demonstrate the ability to draw the foreshortened human figure
- Demonstrate the ability to render the structure and form of the human hand and foot
- Demonstrate the ability to render the human figure from direct observation with light and shade
- Demonstrate the ability to use the concept of gesture to animate drawings of the figure and/or other life forms
- Understand and demonstrate a facility with a limited variety of drawing media; charcoal, color pastel/prismacolor, tonal papers
- Understand and demonstrate a sensibility towards use of expression in drawing
- Understand and demonstrate ability towards critical thinking and objective critique regarding drawing
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)