ART 150* - Basic Photo I
Introduces basic camera handling, developing, printing, and composition with black-and white film. Students should own a camera with manual exposure control and must supply their own film, and photographic paper. Requires four hours lecture, two hours lab per week.
- Operate a manual exposure camera.
- Determine the correct exposure settings for a variety of subjects.
- Process exposed black and white film into negatives.
- Operate an enlarger in the making of black and white contact sheets and prints on photo paper.
- Identify basic rules of picture composition.
- Evaluate photographs in terms of its technical control.
- Evaluate photographs in terms of its visual content.
- Articulate their motivations, conceptual intent, and feelings about the work they present in critique.
- Offer constructive criticism to their classmate about the work they present at critique.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)