CMST 146 - News Staff
Continues CMST 141 with further skills development and practical applications. Students typically complete major reporting assignments each quarter. Requires additional time outside of class.
Prerequisite(s): CMST 141 or ENGL 101 .
- Describe the journalistic process.
- Gather data via multiple sources and evaluate the credibility of sources.
- Write coherent stories.
- Refine punctuation, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills to achieve error-free text.
- Apply Associated Press (AP) style guidelines.
- Describe news ethics, interview methods and audience awareness.
- Analyze professional journalistic writing.
- Cooperate as a professional team to meet deadlines.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)