DANCE 141* - Ballet Technique II
Expansion of the principles, techniques, and vocabulary of classical ballet. Students continue to develop in all areas of technique as they gain flexibility, strength and coordination. For advanced beginning, intermediate and continuing students.
Prerequisite(s): DANCE 140 or equivalent recommended.
- Perform fundamental ballet conditioning exercises.
- Illustrate how a system of practice exercises at the barre prepares dancers for proper ballet technique. Improve physical fitness and cultivate self-expression.
- Identify basic ballet movements using French terminology.
- Describe the composition of a dancer’s line and form and apply correct body alignment and posture to ballet technique.
- Analyze the way in which acquired skills developed at the barre coordinate with movements in the center and across the floor.
- Explain how musical phrasing is used in ballet.
- Explain how the mechanics of ballet technique can be used to progress toward a mastery of other dance styles.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)