PHIL& 101 - Introduction to Philosophy
This course introduces some current and traditional problems in philosophy (e.g. the nature of reality, the justification of knowledge, the nature of mind, morality, aesthetic experience). Students examine the diverse views and arguments and develop basic philosophy skills including critical reasoning and conceptual analysis.
- Distinguish and describe the major branches of philosophical inquiry
- Identify philosophical issues and explain them using basic philosophical vocabulary
- Discuss positions and arguments relevant to philosophical issues.
- Formulate and evaluate philosophical arguments.
- Motivate and explain their own philosophical views.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)