BUSIT 209 - Data Visualization
Introduces theory and concepts relating to the effective display of data with a focus on quantitative data. Concepts provide the basis for selecting, designing, and presenting graphs based on multidimensional data. Current tools are used to graph the correct data, alert decision makers to problems, and display data geographically.
Prerequisite(s): BUSIT 105 with a C- or better.
- Describe the problems associated with presenting large amounts of quantitative information
- Use graph theory to create effective graphs to present quantitative information
- Select the appropriate graph for various data presentation scenarios
- Convert data from an On Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) database to various types of graphs
- Create a display that highlights problem areas needing management attention
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)