Apr 15, 2024  
2023-24 Catalog 
2023-24 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Graduation Information

Application for Degree or Certificate

Basic Graduation Requirements

  • Complete all degree/certificate requirements in the specified curriculum.
  • Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in all coursework taken at BC.
  • Earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better in the courses applied to the degree/certificate, including credits transferred from other colleges.
  • Complete the minimum required residence credits at BC: one-third of the credits applicable toward an associate degree or certificate, or 45 credits applicable toward a bachelor’s degree.
  • Submit official transcripts for credits transferred from other colleges.

Important Steps and Information for All Programs

  • Meet with a program or academic advisor to confirm you are on track for graduation.
  • Fill out one application for each degree or certificate you wish to have posted to your transcript.
  • If you plan to use courses taken at another school towards your graduation requirements, you must request an official evaluation of your credits.
  • Pay a $21.50 non-refundable fee for each application for Associate degree and Certificate of Achievement/Accomplishment you submit.
  • Pay a $33.00 non-refundable fee for Bachelor Degree graduation application.
  • There is no charge for Certificates of Completion that are less than 20 credits.
  • Review the application deadlines to make sure your degree is posted to the quarter you wish to graduate in.
  • The earlier you apply, the sooner we can complete the review process and let you know if you are missing any requirements.
  • If you need to make a change to your graduation application, please submit another application. Choose the option “I already applied. I need to change my application.” This will erase your previous application and replace it. However, we will honor your original application date. If you do not want to erase your old application (for example, you are getting multiple degrees), please choose “New Application”.



You must submit an application to get your diploma, attend the commencement ceremony, and show proof of degree completion. Visit bellevuecollege.edu/current-students/apply-graduation for the details.


High School Diploma

If you do not have a high school diploma, you are eligible to receive one from Bellevue College if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are under the age of twenty-one, were enrolled at any time in the Running Start program and satisfactorily completed an associate degree at Bellevue College, or
  • You are at least twenty-one years of age and satisfactorily completed an associate degree, and
  • You have submitted a graduation application for the associate degree.

Note: there is no additional charge to receive a high school diploma. Simply check the box on your graduation application that indicates you wish to receive a high school diploma.

If you previously completed an Associate degree, but did not request a high school diploma at the time you applied for graduation, please contact the Graduation Office. Email inquiries can be sent to evaluations@bellevuecollege.edu.  We can retroactively award you a high school diploma if you met one of the two conditions listed above at the time you completed your Associate degree.


Diplomas are not conferred to students at the commencement ceremony. They are mailed to each graduate at the address listed in the college Student Records approximately twelve weeks following the end of the quarter in which they earned their degree/certificate.

Diploma Name

Diplomas are issued with the student’s name as it appears on the BC’s Student Records and official transcript. It must include the student’s legal first and last name. To indicate hyphens, spaces, lower/upper case letters, accents, or other special characters on your diploma, print it clearly on the degree or certificate application. To change the name on the Students Records, students contact the Registration Office with the appropriate legal documentation which may include: a marriage license/certificate, court order, divorce decree, passport, or permanent visa.

Additional or replacement diplomas may be issued upon a student’s request. A fee is required for a diploma replacement. Contact the Evaluations/Graduation Office for instructions at evaluations@bellevuecollege.edu